Major complaint

RiTheRaven

Original poster
Minecraft Member
One of the worst servers I have ever joined. The Owner refuses to listen to anything but reason, has constant power trips, and chooses to do the stupidest options ever. For instance, he set up plots and refused to follow the plot rules when someone violated it. Then he promoted this person who is probably one of the most entitled people I've ever met. I love the community however he is trying his hardest to ruin the potential of this server. He also makes people post issues in this stupid forum so that no new person can see it and know what's really going on in the server. He also refuses to listen to anyone unless it's a forum post. The biggest offender was setting up map boundaries to very close to spawn at first and not moving it despite the entire community asking him to, then when he finally wanted to listen, it was for his own incentive of wanting more people playing on the server. If you ever have a complaint do not go to this owner. He will never listen to anything you have to say. Not to mention this post will probably be deleted soon because it's too much of a complaint for him.

WorldofNexus

World of Nexus Owner
Minecraft Member
Minecraft
WorldofNexus
Discord
WorldofNexus#5073
Firstly I am very sorry you feel this way RiTheRaven. I will try and answer your claims/concerns below:

One of the worst servers I have ever joined. The Owner refuses to listen to anything but reason, has constant power trips, and chooses to do the stupidest options ever.
I would like to hear what power trips I have and when it has happend. I'm not sure when I have treated anyone as if I am above them. The whole purpose of World of Nexus is to give the community power. Without the community this would simply be an empty shell without a purpose.

For instance, he set up plots and refused to follow the plot rules when someone violated it.
What we did notice during the initial Minecraft Server Test Launch was that the plot sizes were not big enough. Almost everyone expanded their plots two or three blocks in given direction. I did not alter any plots even if a lot of people violated the rules. Firstly we did not have WorldEdit as it wasn't updated (it is now and we have it on the server) so it would be hard technically to move the houses/plots. Secondly it would be a tough decission to go in and ask someone to rebuild their house. This issue is one of the many reasons we had to halt the Test Launch so we could fix these issues (for example creating bigger and more plots). The last thing we want to do is to force people to rebuild and/or worledit people's builds. I believe that once we open the Open Alpha server we can look at relocating certain builds if users wants to do so (for example if a team wants to stay in one location).

Then he promoted this person who is probably one of the most entitled people I've ever met.
I would assume that you mean faery as this is the same person that built a plot near your plot. The reason why she was promoted is because she has been active (30 hours playtime) and because I believe that she has the required skills to be a Game Host. She is very creative and knows how to build.

I love the community however he is trying his hardest to ruin the potential of this server.
If I tried to ruin the potential of this server I could just skip paying the bills for the server and let all of this die. That is of course not my intention. If I wanted the community to die I wouldn't work so many hours each day on making this place better. I also wouldn't answer your complaint.

He also makes people post issues in this stupid forum so that no new person can see it and know what's really going on in the server. He also refuses to listen to anyone unless it's a forum post.
This "stupid" forum is supposed to be for things like complaints etc because not everyone wants to be involved with such. We are also heavily promoting the use of the forums and I beg to differ when it comes to your claim that no new members will see this. In fact - every player who wants to become a member has to register and post on these forums to be able to play in the first place. I am of course listening to people even if its not a forum post. Listening is not the same as getting things the way you want it.

The biggest offender was setting up map boundaries to very close to spawn at first and not moving it despite the entire community asking him to, then when he finally wanted to listen, it was for his own incentive of wanting more people playing on the server.
The purpose of this server is close cooperation with the community hence the small border. It will gradually increase to make sure the map isn't saturated in a month by 20 members, forcing new members to walk thousands of blocks away. We are also talking about (we = me, Aoax and Game Hosts) some very cool concepts when it comes to this smaller border expanding. I can totally see if people don't like the border to be limited when you're used to running away thousands of blocks to build your own encampment. That is however not a part of our gamemode.

If you ever have a complaint do not go to this owner. He will never listen to anything you have to say. Not to mention this post will probably be deleted soon because it's too much of a complaint for him.
Unfortunately I cannot take your own opinion away, I can only try and change it. What I do know is that no post on here will be removed. The purpose of this forum section is to complain and that is truly something you are doing right now. I hope this answers some of your questions. You may reply with any further claims and/or complaints you have against me. Thank You!

RetweetsPetFish

Minecraft Moderator
Minecraft Member
Minecraft
RetweetsPetFish
Discord
RetweetsPetFish#1239
I would like to add that he did not increase the border when people told him to. The border has always been based off of the total hours of the server and he increased it as planned when we got 500 hours. Many people have said the border thing is a smart idea and I agree because it helps new players starting out months after release be able to mine and get a base location.

Reactions: ItsAoax